1 week to 6 weeks
El Rodeito, Honduras
Who we are: Mayor Potencial is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that focuses on improving access to education in rural Latin America, helping small agribusiness owners expand to global markets, and providing affordable experiential learning opportunities that expose Cornell University students to social entrepreneurship and its impact on impoverished communities. We currently have a long-term relationship with the community in El Rodeito, Honduras – we provide funds and resources to expand school facilities, supplement curriculum and support teachers in the classroom.
Who we are looking for: Students who are invested in education, and social entrepreneurship as a means to alleviate poverty. The ideal candidate will be…
- Culturally flexible and collaborative in his/her teaching/coaching approach
- Genuinely interested in engaging with the community
- Majoring/minoring in teaching ESL, STEM fields, early childhood education, human development, linguistics, business, and/or international development.
- Intermediate-spoken Spanish
- Interest in business or social entrepreneurship
Our educational fellowships: We are offering a flexible 1 to 6 week educational fellowship this Summer 2016. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- STEM: Working as teaching fellow at Ramon Rosa, a grade school in El Rodeito, Honduras: Math and other topics will follow guided requirements by the government.
- ENGLISH: Working as teaching fellow at Ramon Rosa, a grade school in El Rodeito, Honduras: There is large flexibility in utilizing various teaching techniques. Interns will be completely in charge of the English curriculum.
- HEALTH CLINIC: Working as teaching fellow the whole community on preventative cares in order to maintain basic hygiene—This will include tasks such as brushing teeth, first aid care, and etc.
- SOCIAL BUSINESS: Will act as a consultant and help advise the business owners MP has selected. MP would provide some feedback from the previous business consultants and your job is to implement, collect data, and offer guidance.
All fellows will also be:
· Conducting field research—General physicals are conducted on each student and Mayor Potencial records data for continuing studies on third-world rural Latin America communities. In addition, the business research will be used by Cornell University for another course.
· Developing new programs/lectures that can expose students to various careers to giving advice to the community in building their personal businesses.
Applications accepted on rolling basis.*
STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
* While our applications are accepted on a rolling basis, you are responsible for knowing the deadlines for the grants and scholarships you apply for. Mayor Potencial will provide a letter of recommendation for participant's grant applications.